GoDurham ACCESS is the name of the ADA paratransit service for the City of Durham. Only riders who meet the criteria specified by the ADA and who have been certified as eligible can use GoDurham ACCESS. Persons do not qualify automatically just because they have a disability or on the basis of age. Eligibility is based on a person's functional limitations.
GoDurham ACCESS provides curb-to-curb (or door-to-door upon request) transportation service for eligible riders. GoDurham ACCESS operates service to all locations within the City of Durham and to any location outside the City that is three-quarters of a mile of any fixed-route service operated by GoDurham. GoDurham ACCESS provides service during the same hours and on the same days as the regular fixed-route service.
Learn more about the ACCESS program by clicking here.
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Saturday: 5:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.
- Sundays and Holidays: 6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Cash Fare: $2 one-way
- Ticket booklet: 10 tickets $17
- Taxi Cab Coupons: $25 ($51 value)
Ticket Sales Locations
- GoDurham ACCESS Office, located at 1911 Fay Street, Durham NC, 27704: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday(
- Durham Station Transportation Center, located at 515 W Pettigrew Street, Durham, NC 27704: 6:00 a.m.-midnight (Monday-Saturday) and 7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. (Sundays and Holidays).
- Tickets may also be purchased by mail by sending a check or money order to: GoDurham ACCESS Tickets, 1911 Fay Street, Durham, NC 27704 (Make all checks and money orders payable to the City of Durham)
GoDurham ACCESS Paratransit Management is operated by First Transit.
- Barbara Alston, Assistant General Manager: 919-560-1555 x36305
- Tara Caldwell, General Manager: 919-560-1555 x36306
- Randolph Lynch, Safety Manager: 919-560-1555 x36304
- Dena Lyons, Administrative Clerk: 919-560-1555 x36302
- Scott Mozingo, Maintenance Manager: 919-560-1555 x36323
- Tammy Pettiford, ADA Specialist: 919-560-1555 x36303
- Dispatch 919-560-1551, Option 1
- Reservations 919-560-1551, Option 2
- Cancellations 919-560-1551, Option 3