Riding the bus during inclement weather?
For real-time bus schedule and service updates that let you know when your bus will arrive at your stop:
- Visit GoDurham homepage for updates and/or sign up for alerts.
- Call 919-485-RIDE.
- Visit us on Twitter.
- You can track bus locations and arrivals in real-time by downloading the TransLoc Rider app.
Safety Tips for Transit Passengers in Preparation for a Hurricane
During rainy or windy conditions, transit passengers are encouraged to remain alert while waiting for the arrival of buses, they should:
- Avoid standing at the edge of the platform or near to the road at a bus stop. Remain watchful to signal approaching bus (reduced visibility)
- Passengers should remain focus and not talk on cell phones (distraction)
- Watch out for flying debris
- Were proper fitting and visible clothing
- Wear slip resistant shoes
- Ensure small children are close to parents
Additional Hurricane Preparedness Information
- Sign up for weather updates at AlertDurham.com
- FEMA: Download and review How to Prepare for a Hurricane guide and other resources
- Ready.gov: Make a plan today
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm
- National Hurricane Center: Gather information, plan & take action