GoDurham Routes will remain fare free through June 2024.
Single Ride Fare
Single Ride Fare - DiscountCustomers must present a valid Medicare card or GoDurham ID card.
Single Ride Fare - Seniors, Age 65 or OlderCustomers must present a valid government-issued photo ID or GoDurham ID Card.
Single Ride Fare - Youth, Age 12 or YoungerNo ID Card required, except for youth taller than 60 inches.
Single Ride Fare - Youth, Age 13-18The Youth GoPass allows teens from ages 13 – 18 (through their 19th birthday) to ride free on any transit service in the Triangle. Learn more: youthgopass.com
Single Ride Fare - Students, Age 19-21Students who are aged 19-21 are eligible to ride all GoDurham buses for free. Obtain the GoDurham Discount ID by bringing proof of enrollment to the ID office at Durham Station.
Use a pass to save time and money while riding the bus!
- All passes may be purchased at Durham Station with cash or a credit card (Visa, AmEx, MasterCard, or Discover). Durham Station is open from 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Saturday, and from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sundays and holidays.
- One-day passes may be purchased on the bus. (Tell the driver you want to purchase a day pass before inserting money into the farebox. Exact change is required!)
- Many employers and schools offer unlimited-use GoPasses, or discounts on buying your own pass.
- Regional passes and stored value cards are sold online by GoTriangle. For your convenience, you can purchase a pass below and have it mailed to you.
GoDurham Discount ID Cards
The GoDurham Discount ID card is free. An initial card will be issued without a waiting period if you meet the eligibility criteria. Individuals may qualify for discounted or free fares for reason of student status, age, illness, injury, or other condition.
Discount ID cards are issued at the ID office, located on the first floor of Durham Station (515 W. Pettigrew Street, Durham, NC 27701). You must bring proof of age, enrollment, and/or your Medicare card if applicable. Hours of Operation: 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 12:30.p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday (excluding holidays).
Riders with Disabilities: Riders with disabilities are eligible to ride all GoDurham buses at half price by displaying any of the following types of Identification:
- GoDurham Discount ID
- GoDurham ACCESS ID
- GoCary, GoTriangle or GoRaleigh discount ID card
- Medicare ID card (red, white, and blue)
- Veterans Health ID card
- Proof of ADA eligibility from another transit system
To Obtain an ID card: Customers can obtain the GoDurham Discount ID by bringing a completed Discount ID Application, along with a government-issued ID, to the ID office at Durham Station.
65 & Older: Riders who are 65 years-old or older are eligible to ride all GoDurham buses for free by displaying their GoDurham Discount ID or a valid government-issued photo ID.
- To Obtain an ID card: Customers can obtain the GoDurham Discount ID by bringing a valid government-issued photo ID to the ID office at Durham Station.
Youth & Students: Whether by Discount ID or Youth GoPass, there are many ways for youth and local students to ride free.
- Riders who are 12 & under are eligible to ride all GoDurham buses for free. If the rider taller than 60 inches tall, then a GoDurham Youth ID is required to ride for free. Customers can obtain the GoDurham Youth ID by bringing a birth certificate to the ID office at Durham Station.
- Riders whe are aged 13-18 can ride free with the Youth GoPass. Find out how to get your pass at youthgopass.com.
- Students aged 19-21 are eligible to ride all GoDurham buses for free from 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday – Friday, with a GoDurham Discount ID. Bring proof of enrollment to the ID office at Durham Station, such as:
- Public and Private Schools: Durham County Public or Private school picture ID or current report card.
- Non-Public Education System: Valid proof on current home-school enrollment.
- Technical Schools: A current year Durham County Technical School student ID.
Online Pass Orders
GoTriangle charges a $1 shipping and handling fee for each transaction. Once you pay, our Customer Service representatives receive immediate notice of your purchase, process and mail your pass(es) within one business day.
Please note: If you buy your pass(es) using an eCheck, GoTriangle will not ship your pass(es) until the eCheck has cleared, which typically takes three to five business days.
If you do not receive your pass within seven days, please contact GoTriangle Customer Service at 919-485-RIDE (7433) or fill out our Customer Feedback Form.