Welcome to GoDurham!
Riding the bus is easy. Follow these tips to make your commute a breeze.
Plan Your Trip
Note: Real-time data is no longer accessible on the Transloc app. We apologize for the inconvience. Stay up to date with detours, holidays, etc. by signing up for Service Alerts and be sure to follow us on Twitter.
Avail myStop — Find your closest bus stops, track your bus in real time, set up alerts and more! Download the app through the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Google Maps — Choose the transit button and map your route. Download the app through the Apple App Store or Google Play.
UMO App — Riding multiple lines in the Triangle? Riders can use the new UMO app. Note: UMO includes GoCary, GoDurham, GoRaleigh, GoTriangle and Chapel Hill. Download the app through the Apple App Store or Google Play.
GoDurham Maps and Schedules — Locate maps, schedules and more. Pick up brochures of routes and schedules at area Transit Centers, or request copies by calling 919-485-RIDE (7433).
First time riding the bus?
- Get to your stop 5-10 minutes early and wait where the operator can see you.
- As the bus approaches, check the sign above the front window to make sure it’s the route and destination you want.
- Signal the operator that you wish to board.
- Currently, GoDurham is not charging fare. Stay back from the curb and wait until the bus comes to a full stop, before boarding. To learn more about the fare we used to charge, visit here.
- Passengers with disabilities and elderly people have priority seating in the side seats and first rows in the front of buses, so please allow them priority in those seats.
- If the bus is crowded, GoDurham allows passengers to stand. If there appears to be no standing room, please wait for the bus operator to create room.
- Major stops are announced. If you’re new to the area, just ask the operator to call out your destination.
- About a block before you want to get off, push the black or yellow plastic strip or pull the cord above your head to request the next stop.
- Exit through the rear door.
Track Your Bus
- Download the Avail myStop app to locate your bus in real time. Download the App through the Apple App store or Google Play today!
- You can also track your bus on the Google Maps app and/or website. Simply select where you need to go in the "Directions" pane and select "Transit" by selecting the "Transit" icon.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Services
All Triangle bus systems are ADA-accessible. If you have a disability that prevents you from using the fixed-route buses, you may be eligible for ADA complementary para-transit service. Learn more about GoDurham ACCESS, an ADA paratransit service for the City of Durham.
Holding a Bus due to an Operational Delay
If an operational delay may cause you to miss your next bus, the bus operator may be able to contact a dispatcher to hold your transfer bus. However, contacting the dispatcher is up to the bus operator's discretion, and buses will only be held due to operational delays.
- To report an emergency or a suspicious package or behavior, tell the operator right away or call 911. (Never touch, smell, taste, examine or move a suspicious package or its contents. Do not show the package to other passengers.)
- Riding at night? Wear light-colored clothing and carry a reflector or flashlight so the operator can see you.
- Never cross in front of a bus unless it is stopped at a red light.