What is GoDurham Connect?
GoDurham Connect is a pilot program with Lyft that allows riders to take a a ride (up to $25) between their homes and bus stops or shopping centers, schools, and libraries. Riders are also connected to the Village bus stop, connecting them to a frequent service network where there is a bus arriving or departing every 15 minutes on Routes 3, 3B and 3C. GoDurham Connect is an expansion of East Durham Connect.
The GoDurham Connect pilot will run through June 30, 2023.
* All minors 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Trips must start and end within the zone and can be booked to and from any address.
The zone includes the Village, Southern High School, Merrick Moore Elementary School, Neal Middle School, Durham County Library - East Regional Branch, Ravenstone Commons, Joyland Center, Mineral Springs Village, Bentwood Park Apartments, Springwood Park Apartments.
- YOU WILL BE LIMITED TO 120 RIDES PER MONTH.
- ANY RIDE COSTS BEYOND $25 WILL BE THE RIDER’S RESPONSIBILITY.
- ALL TRIPS MUST BE TAKEN WITHIN THE ZONE. ELIGIBLE TRIPS CANNOT START OR END OUTSIDE THE ZONE.
Hours of Operation
7am - 8pm Monday - Saturday. 8am - 7pm on Sunday.
Customers without smart phones or those who need a wheelchair accessible vehicle can call 919-485-RIDE (7433) to schedule rides. The Regional Information Center is open seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. with limited service hours on holidays (7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
NOTE: Riders’ personal information may be subject to applicable public disclosure laws and subsequently be made public following requests for such information.
Using the Lyft App
- Download the Lyft app.
- Sign in to your existing Lyft account or create a Lyft account.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner (commonly referred to as the hamburger menu) and click “Payment” then “Add Lyft Pass”.
- Enter the code: GDCONNECT2. The subsidy will be applied to any eligible ride. You will need to enter this code only once and not each time you request a ride. Promo codes are only valid for Lyft Standard (recommended) rides.
*The GoDurham Connect pilot is funded through the Durham Transit Plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
The GoDurham Connect pilot program expands on the flexible, point-to-point service provided by East Durham Connect by offering a larger travel zone in East Durham. Anyone living within the boundary shown above may take Lyft rides between their homes and any destination within the boundary. The service will expand with a zone North Durham starting summer 2022.
Yes, 120 per month
The program will last through June 30, 2023
Tips are not included and are up to the discretion of the rider.
Customers without credit cards can use a pre-paid credit card or PayPal to create an account. The payment system is needed for the cancellation or no-show fees, which GoDurham will not cover.
Children aren’t permitted to ride alone in a Lyft vehicle. Children must be accompanied by an adult 18 or over.